President Trump is once again making progress to secure the rap vote this election season. First it was Kanye, then Ice Cube and now Lil Wayne is the latest rapper to come out and publicly announce he’s working with the Trump administration.
The 38-year old rapper, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., tweeted out a photo of himself and the president saying, “Just had a great meeting with @realdonaldtrump @potus besides what he’s done so far with criminal reform, the platinum plan is going to give the community real ownership,” Wayne said. “He listened to what we had to say today and assured he will and can get it done.”
Trump took time out of his frantic campaign schedule to meet with Wayne in Florida on Thursday. Working with Trump has obviously swayed Lil Wayne who tweeted his support for Hillary back in 2016.
The “Platinum Plan” Lil Wayne referenced is a Trump proposal that includes creating 3 million jobs in the black community over the next four years, strengthening Trump’s immigration policies to help protect American jobs, and increasing access to capital by nearly $500 billion.
Ice Cube has also been working with the White House on the “Platinum Plan” and he has said that he reached out to both the Biden and Trump campaigns to start making a difference in black communities but only the Trump campaign made it a point to meet.
President Trump’s full overview of the plan can be found at https://cdn.donaldjtrump.com/public-files/press_assets/president-trump-platinum-plan-final-version.pdf
Just had a great meeting with @realdonaldtrump @potus besides what he’s done so far with criminal reform, the platinum plan is going to give the community real ownership. He listened to what we had to say today and assured he will and can get it done. 🤙🏾 pic.twitter.com/Q9c5k1yMWf
— Lil Wayne WEEZY F (@LilTunechi) October 29, 2020