Royal Cover-Up! Prince William Contracted COVID-19 In April But Kept It Secret.

FILE - In this Oct. 20, 2020, file photo, wearing a face covering to curb the spread of coronavirus Britain's Prince William meets pharmacist Joyce Duah as he and his wife Kate the Duchess of Cambridge visit St. Bartholomew's Hospital in London, to mark the launch of the nationwide "Hold Still" community photography project. Prince William tested positive for the coronavirus, apparently around the same time as his father Prince Charles earlier this year, BBC reported. The report cited unidentified palace sources and The Sun newspaper, which said William kept his telephone and video engagements without revealing his diagnosis because he didn't want to worry anyone. (AP Photo/Matt Dunham, Pool, File)

The royals still keep secrets well, even when it comes to the world’s deadly virus.

Prince William contracted COVID-19 in April and “was struggling to breathe” at one juncture, The Sun in the U.K. reported Sunday.

The 38-year-old Duke of Cambridge’s illness came after his father, Prince Charles, was isolated and the British prime minister, Boris Johnson, was hospitalized as both were stricken by coronavirus.

“William was hit pretty hard by the virus,” a source told The Sun. “It really knocked him for six. At one point, he was struggling to breathe, so obviously everyone around him was pretty panicked.”

The father of three quarantined at the family home, Anmer Hall in Norfolk, but carried on with his business as usual in April with 14 work-related calls and video chats, all while keeping his diagnoses private. He helped open Birmingham’s Nightingale Hospital, called the Crown Prince of Jordan, and appeared in a Comic Relief sketch with Stephen Fry, among other engagements carried out by video.

When a National Health Service consultant died of coronavirus while treating patients, Prince William called NHS workers on April 1 to tell them he was proud of their work.

“There were important things going on, and I didn’t want to worry anyone,” Prince William told a source at an engagement, according to The Sun, adding that he believes it is imperative to take a second lockdown seriously.

The British now might worry more about what they are not being told.

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please hover over that comment, click the ∨ icon, and mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.