We are happy to say that you’ve been selected as a VTPost.com contributor. To begin, first review the following welcome videos:
Now, time to write your first column
You’ll be writing and publishing your columns using the WordPress platform. If you’ve never used WordPress before, the process can at first seem daunting. But after you spend a bit of time with it, you’ll fast become a pro. Here are the basic steps for writing a post:
- Log in to the WordPress dashboard, click the “Posts” tab, and then click the “Add New” button.
- Enter your article’s title in the upper field; make it compelling, but not salacious.
- Enter the body of your column in the main post editing box below it.
- Next, write an excerpt, a concise summary of your post, typically under 20 words long. If you don’t see an “excerpt” field, click the “Screen Options” tab at the top right corner of your browser while writing/editing a post, and click the checkbox to the left of the word “Excerpt.”
- Finally, add a relevant copyright-free featured image. You can find copyright-free images at Pexels, Unsplash, Pixabay, or Burst … or through a paid service such as Twenty20, Scopio or Shutterstock.
- After reviewing your title, body, excerpt, and featured image, click the Publish button.
You’ll find that your post is immediately visible on the website, within the Contributors category area of the site. Once your article is published, go ahead and share it with your friends and family and on your social media networks. Remember that the more pageviews your posts receive, the more prominently we will be featuring them on VTPost.com
Again, we’re so happy to have you on board as a VTPost.com contributing author. Now let’s get writing!