The courts, for the most part, have not been moved by any of the “evidence” submitted by President Trump’s legal team that they say indicates voter fraud from November’s presidential election, so President Trump is ready to take his case to the American people. The president plans to present his evidence on Jan. 6 during the joint session of Congress in which the Electoral College vote is expected to be certified.
“Massive amounts of evidence will be presented on the 6th. We won, BIG!” Trump wrote in a tweet.
Trump advisor Jason Miller spoke with Newsmax earlier in the week and pointed to mail-in ballot law changes as being a big issue in this past election. Other alleged evidence includes the “suitcases of ballots” wheeled into the voting center in Georgia and officials in Michigan and Arizona allegedly blocking witnesses from inspecting the voting systems. “These are the specific types of evidence we want to present to the American people on the national stage and not allow local politicians to sweep it under the rug,” Miller said.
Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) and more than 40 House GOP lawmakers have already announced their plans to challenge the Electoral College votes during the joint session. The challenge is expected to lead to several hours of debate during the session.
Sen. Hawley shared a video on Twitter of an interview he did on Fox News this week and said, “Somebody has to stand up. 74 million Americans are not going to be told their voices don’t matter.”
Trump has not elaborated on how he plans to present the evidence at this point, but he has encouraged his supporters to attend rallies and events in Washington, D.C., on Jan. 6.