Must be nice to check in for less than an hour of self-described “fake” work and walk away with $100 million.
That, however, is what boxer Floyd Mayweather says he earned from his bout in Miami with YouTuber Logan Paul earlier this month.
“I’m the only person that can do a fake fight and get 100Ms (millions),” Mayweather said Saturday, attending Gervonta Davis‘ 11th-round knockout of Mario Barrios to claim the WBA super lightweight title. “I could do legalized sparring and get 100 M’s.”
On Sunday, Mayweather talked during a Mayweather Promotions video.
“Am I the best bank robber?” he said while appearing with company CEO Leonard Ellerbe. “Because I don’t know nobody in sports that’s my age and can still stick ’em up like that.”
Mayweather was nothing if not transparent about the event.
“If they are happy with grappling and holding for eight rounds, that’s good for them – I hope the fans were pleased,” he told reporters, adding that he showed he could “bring 30,000 to the stadium and bring good pay-per-view numbers.”
During his boxing career, Mayweather won 50 matches with no defeats.
During the exhibition with Paul, 26, Mayweather may have even backed off a little, hoping to extend the match to the full eight rounds.
“I mean, you never know with this guy,” Paul said after the fight. “I’m going to go home thinking, ‘Did Floyd let me survive?’ It’s an honor to grace the ring with him. This is the coolest thing ever.”
Mayweather indicated that a boxing comeback is not in the cards and the “fake” fighting career may be over, too: “I have retired from the sport of boxing. I probably won’t do an exhibition again either.”